Students may be asked about a University disciplinary record as a part of a program, University, or employment application.

Prior to starting the record request process, please note the following required documents that must be uploaded.

  • For all requests: A government-issued or school-issued photo ID of the person making the request.
  • For requests by a student or former student to send records checks to external parties: Any documents or forms required by the institutions, agencies, employers, or other parties that should be sent with the records check. Please make sure you have filled out any information that is required of you before uploading. Please also submit a release of information. 
  • For requests from a third party on behalf of a student or former student: A written authorization from the student or former student that Iowa State University can disclose records to the requestor.

Please contact the Office of Student Conduct  if there are any questions about these required documents.